NFI Leadership Summit
NFI President & CEO Lisa Wallenda Picard has announced the rebranding of the NFI fall political event with an updated schedule to provide attendees with a series of speakers on business and the geopolitical climate. The “NFI Leadership Summit” will be held Tuesday September 26-28, 2023 at the Intercontinental Wharf Hotel, Washington, DC.
The Political Conference will include select NFI committee and council meetings; and the Executive Committee meetings. Wednesday will include a full day of external meetings with elected officials, regulatory agencies, and embassies. The Board of Directors will meet on Thursday morning.
The NFI Leadership Summit kicks off on Tuesday morning concluding with a luncheon speaker.
- Navigating Troubled Waters: The US, China and the Global Seafood Trade, Andrew Browne, The Brunswick Group
- Geopolitical Issues & Potential Impacts on Seafood, Robert DeHaan, NFI
- Attracting Talent to the Seafood Industry & Growing your Workforce, speakers TBA
- Seafood Buying Trends at Food Service & Retail, Robert Goldin, Pentallect
Tuesday afternoon optional events:
- Small group workshops on “Effectively Communicating Your Message to Stakeholders” in preparation for Wednesday external meetings
- Pentagon Tour
- George Washington’s Home at Mount Vernon Tour
Networking events include:
- Tuesday: Michael Lieberman’s Famous Crab Night, FOA & Son (all attendees)
- Wednesday: Happy Hour Tiki TNT Rum Bar -Hosted by Jay Sterne, Windward Strategies
There will be no NFI events on September 25 in recognition of Yom Kippur. Registration will open soon. Watch your email!
NFI’s block of rooms at the Intercontinental Wharf at $399 single/double plus tax. The room cut off is September 2, 2023 or until the room block sells out.
Sponsors: Diversified Communications, FOA & Son and Windward Strategies
Registration is now open!
Contact Hannah Mayers for more information or sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org.